Brian Chesky's 11-star experience
In an interview that I cannot find now, Brian Chesky, founder of Airbnb described an exercise he went through to create the best possible Airbnb experience.
Instead of aiming for a 5-star experience and only delivering a 4, aim for an 11-star experience and deliver a 6 or a 7.
Since everyone expects 5 stars, you'll blow people away by going beyond their 5-star expectations. This simple exercise helps you create better products and user experiences.
Here is what the process looked like for SaaS Blocks:
(1) ⭐️ download the blocks, wrong format, want my money back, angry
(2) ⭐️ ⭐️ download blocks, realize there set is too limited, get angry, may not request money back
(3) ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ download the blocks, format ok, blocks sufficient, but hell of a time implementing with poor documentation
(4) ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ download the blocks, format ok, blocks sufficient, documentation ok, but run into a bug that makes you waste hours fixing yourself.
(5) ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ download the blocks, works as advertised, everything works, looks nice, but conversion rate is no different (not worth telling others about it, unless someone asks what I'm using).
(6) ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️ Works as advertised, improves your business (more sign ups, lots of compliments, social shares, backlinks from people who are impressed, everyone asks where you go this made. May lack recommendations on how to get better results.
(7) ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️ ⭐️ Select up front which blocks you'd like and what types of pages, pick a general theme (bold, elegant, fun) and you get a full page / website that is pretty close to what you had in mind. You easily try on different color palettes and font combinations, hit publish and the site is live collecting leads. In and out under 3 mins. Click host and go live, automatically tracks everything for you and gives insights on how to improve things.
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ just say or think about the site you need and it appears, perfectly functional, most amazing design you had in mind, fully optimized with the right images, forms work and you have no setup whatsoever, aside maybe adding your email address to which leads will go to. (Open AI meets magic) Done instantly.